How happy are you on a scale of 1-10?(10 being the happiest)

You've always considered investment banking your dream job, now that you’re living your dream, do you still feel fulfilled and satisfied?

Has the reality of the job met your expectations, or have you encountered challenges and aspects you hadn’t anticipated?

Are you happy with where you are, or do you find yourself questioning if this is truly the right path for you?

RATE ON SCALE OF 1-10 (10 being the happiest)

I'm just an incoming intern, but already 2! outlier tech comp at shit like NVIDIA while doing jackshit for it makes me wanna switch to product management!

Agreed. But from someone who’s done it before, sales and PM are incredibly boring. Ppl on this site would rather analyze numbers

Most Helpful

I was let go two months ago, and I believe it's the best thing that ever happened to me—a true blessing in disguise. I never would have quit, but this forced me to stop and think about what I truly care about.
I've had many interviews since then, with several startup companies offering a base pay similar to what I earned as an associate, (around $250k). My bank didn’t even provide good bonuses while I was there and I hated my life. My happiness is way more precious than that extra $100k.
I realise I’m better off trying to build something from scratch or starting on my own to do something I care about.
Life is too short to hate your job, and I don't want to spend another day feeling that way.
Wish you all the happiness and success!

Funniest
just breathe

I was let go two months ago, and I believe it's the best thing that ever happened to me—a true blessing in disguise. I never would have quit, but this forced me to stop and think about what I truly care about.
I've had many interviews since then, with several startup companies offering a base pay similar to what I earned as an associate, (around $250k). My bank didn’t even provide good bonuses while I was there and I hated my life. My happiness is way more precious than that extra $100k.
I realise I’m better off trying to build something from scratch or starting on my own to do something I care about.
Life is too short to hate your job, and I don't want to spend another day feeling that way.
Wish you all the happiness and success!

Rate on scale of 1-10 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

haha_what

2. i dont know if i want to be alive anymore. anyway hope ur good

damn dawg sorry to hear that - feel free to PM me and vent a little if needed. Just put one foot in front of the other in the right direction and you’ll be going places in no time.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

thanks Isaiah, much appreciated, you're a real one. yes just gotta keep going i guess. also congrats on hitting 'the addict', was rooting for you. keep spreading positivity on here 

7.5 for me - parents are slowing down a lot and nearing death. I’m trying to deal with everything and either go back to school or restart my finance career.

monkeyvjit

Considering all that’s going on, 7.5 seems pretty high?

I was at a 10 in April. Fulfilling all my family obligations. And was playing high stakes poker tourneys with a promise of $1.8M for first. I didn't win the poker tourney and my Dad's health and mobility have declined. What used to be easy days with his mobility have turned to hard days of helping to get him around. He is a fall risk and I just am trying to help him avoid falling as he would shatter if he fell. He is 88 and has mild dementia and stage 4 lung and bone cancer. Any day could be his last or he could live 5 more years who knows. 

Ipsam occaecati voluptatem omnis eos quia quos. Expedita sed quaerat fuga eius molestiae. Veritatis similique consectetur consectetur ipsam consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

July 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Lazard Freres 06 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • JPMorgan Chase 06 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (23) $378
  • Associates (96) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • Intern/Summer Associate (34) $167
  • 1st Year Analyst (213) $160
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (155) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”