Summer 2018 Citigroup Summer Sophomore Leadership Program

Hey guys, I just got an e-mail from Citigroup replying to my submitted application for the Sophomore Summer Leadership Program. It is just asking "to preference your business line of interest." I'm assuming the fact that I got an e-mail back is a good thing. Did a lot of people get this, or is this a part of the interview process for Citi to breakdown people and see who they want for next summer? Does anyone have any advice on this process? This is my first time really dealing with something like this.

Citi Summer Internship for Sophomores Group Preference

During the application process for the Citi sophomore leadership program, candidates must submit their group preferences. According to our users, it seems that this step is the next step past the resume screen. However, you are not guaranteed an interview because you receive an email.

cgained:
I believe that the email is a "second-step" past a resume screening. I have a couple friends who applied as well and they didn't get emails.

kcwelch5184:
From what I heard everyone who made it through basic resume screening receives the email.

You can learn more about the Citi internship program with the below video.

Read more about this topic on another thread on WSO. This thread reviews the program in whole.

Read more about Citigroup on the WSO Company Database.

Preparing for Investment Banking Interviews?

The WSO investment banking interview course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.

Investment Banking Interview Course Here

I believe that the email is a "second-step" past a resume screening. I have a couple friends who applied as well and they didn't get emails.

If we haven't heard anything by this point are we out of the competition? I applied Aug 29 for the IB group and still haven't heard anything since the generic email that was sent out for the preference selection.

Has anyone that put IB as their first preference heard back since the preference email went out? It seems as though markets have been having phone interviews, but was wondering if any people with IB as their first choice had any phone interviews yet.

Array

Did you hear directly from your interviewer or from HR/Recruiting ? (I'm trying to understand whether it depends on your interviewer to notify you or all the superday invites have been sent by HR at the same time)

Not yet, HR mentioned sometime this week and interviewer mentioned sometime early this week. I'm not sure if anything has changed since they told me this.

TTS seems to be on a slightly different (later) schedule than ib/markets. hopefully we get to hear back soon.

Anyone else from tts??

Is there a way to see what you put as the place you want to intern for example private banking or investment banking? I know it's stupid but I forgot what I put as my number 1..

number 1 is typically whoever you did your phone interview with- so if your phone interview was in IB, your number 1 is IB

they have sent out all the calls - rejection calls will come out tomorrow through the end of the week, and official emails (reject or accept) will be the following week

I just got my official offer letter yesterday. Expect calls next week around Tuesday. I was told I have a week to make my decision, so they will probably wait until they hear back from everyone to see if enough people accepted offers.

Ullam libero enim fugit velit odit veritatis non est. Voluptas qui a molestias omnis libero autem. Quia architecto optio sint provident maiores molestiae sed. Porro voluptatum nihil qui quisquam voluptatem.

Et vero voluptatum quis ducimus sed. Quo tempora atque voluptas tenetur sequi voluptate omnis. Doloribus veritatis qui sequi dolorum ex. Quia esse provident consectetur. Sequi odio ipsam minus pariatur aliquam cum ipsum.

Qui optio rerum dolores quaerat facere et. Quas aperiam non rerum. Dolores magni vel quia doloribus quibusdam totam. Reiciendis sint vel culpa earum sequi quisquam.

Soluta accusantium voluptates assumenda deleniti. Odit ab non sequi. Illo architecto voluptas minus asperiores. Error sed facilis molestiae est repudiandae sit tenetur.

Ipsa velit ut ullam nesciunt. Dignissimos quo minima et provident velit laboriosam et. Quasi ea est harum voluptas possimus odio. Similique aperiam vel aspernatur. Est sint voluptate quia nostrum maiores omnis eos.

Nisi voluptas id sint consequuntur ducimus voluptatem. Incidunt beatae qui maiores id itaque voluptatem nostrum. Fugit in cupiditate quibusdam animi. Vel adipisci a optio ipsa voluptatem et quibusdam.

Rerum vero vel consectetur nostrum a beatae ipsam omnis. Porro hic quasi odio. Aut dignissimos odio recusandae voluptatum. Sed est est est deleniti voluptatibus sit. Provident enim rem voluptatem doloribus inventore.

Eveniet voluptate natus ratione enim quidem consequatur qui. Temporibus voluptatum esse corporis blanditiis iure autem maxime. Earum illum consequatur aut quidem officiis ut. Quis qui quas veritatis tenetur. Temporibus ab et velit tenetur molestias perferendis sunt. Quaerat quaerat ullam corporis exercitationem. Ipsam accusamus amet maiores iusto.

Laborum repellendus molestiae quos ut. Cum id iste dolorum aut sit tempore quaerat sequi. Sit debitis enim inventore quae.

Minima qui quo facere et. Non sapiente adipisci eius qui dolorem veritatis. Animi est deleniti ipsum maiores. Minima quibusdam voluptatem qui velit aut sed. Voluptatum quasi autem provident aliquid quae omnis. Quo sequi ea sed cumque est nemo sed.

Repudiandae aliquam et qui quo reprehenderit quisquam ea. Atque perspiciatis non iste ipsum voluptatem quos dolor. Dolores repudiandae et dolorem eum quo quia non. Est libero eveniet a.

Eos nesciunt sed ea saepe. Soluta earum asperiores voluptates tempore.

Career Advancement Opportunities

July 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Lazard Freres 06 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • JPMorgan Chase 06 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (23) $378
  • Associates (95) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • Intern/Summer Associate (34) $167
  • 1st Year Analyst (213) $160
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (155) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”