I know, its pretty annoying. Particularly because they don't even email you when the NYU ID is ready you just have to keep logging in for the next 24-48 hrs until it works haha

Jack: They’re all former investment bankers who were laid off from that economic crisis that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have zero real world skills, but God they work hard. -30 Rock

Yeah, I had to sign up for the ID as well. Just a bit off topic, but does anyone know which banks hold spots at NYU during the summer? I think JPM does, but I'm not sure who else.

Anyone have any idea what the availability is a few weeks down the road? I'm awaiting decisions from some banks in the coming weeks. I've read that in the past it fills up in the first few days, but I assumed with the recession that there will likely be fewer people looking for housing. Thoughts?

yeah the way it works is it's first come first serve but they give nyu students first priority then nyu summer students, then internship kids last (that aren't doing anything through nyu). so if you're interning this summer, you'll get last pick but if you register sooner, at least you'll be ahead of all the other kids who wait.

and does anyone know if MS holds spots for their SAs over the summer? i've heard JPM had done it in the past..

Best Response
startumbler88:
yeah the way it works is it's first come first serve but they give nyu students first priority then nyu summer students, then internship kids last (that aren't doing anything through nyu). so if you're interning this summer, you'll get last pick but if you register sooner, at least you'll be ahead of all the other kids who wait.

and does anyone know if MS holds spots for their SAs over the summer? i've heard JPM had done it in the past..

Talked to someone today at MS - they do hold spots at the NYU dorms on a limited basis. Safest bet is to reserve housing on your own.

As an update, I just got my NYU ID an hour or so ago. Yeah lucky me still doing work haha.

Jack: They’re all former investment bankers who were laid off from that economic crisis that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have zero real world skills, but God they work hard. -30 Rock

Just spoke with the summer office. Filling out an application and putting your name in the mix will require a 3 week deposit. If for some reason you do not end up getting an offer, you receive your entire deposit back minus any cancellation fees. In case anyone was in my position waiting to hear back from some shops.

Is this for MS or for NYU summer housing? Does anyone know whether company housing is cheaper/more expensive than NYU housing? And goes corporate housing place you with a roommate also working as an SA?

anyone have updates on their housing status? i know they closed the application to non-nyu students awhile ago. i applied the very end of february and still haven't received an assignment, hope i get placed soon

Yeah I got my assignment like a week or two ago

The day it came out

Broome Street was fun. It's in a good location and has it's own deli (beer, snacks, pizza) inside the building. Plus, I think it's open 24 hrs. Or at least, it was when I went there. It is on Mulberry and Broome, which is in the heart of Lil' Italy. Some of the rooms are for eight people; the only drawback is one bathroom.

Quaerat qui sit voluptatum error assumenda ipsa labore. Nulla velit impedit quasi et reiciendis sed tempora. Cum ut vitae et hic repellendus officiis ipsum. Numquam facere in ex non.

Cupiditate voluptates corrupti atque inventore qui sed. Sit non omnis dicta optio modi fuga quibusdam. Perferendis molestiae explicabo quis numquam eius quasi.

Suscipit qui id corrupti nulla accusamus sed ut. Ipsa eum repellat esse rerum animi et. Adipisci vero voluptas rerum voluptatibus blanditiis exercitationem. Nulla nulla ex iste eos magnam illum incidunt. Ut culpa pariatur saepe voluptatem.

Veniam rerum officiis earum. Laborum nihil dolor ut in et harum magni id. Reiciendis magni nam laborum molestiae assumenda et dolorum.

Pariatur reiciendis voluptas blanditiis eum aut repellendus aperiam. Sed totam sint sit quis laborum iste qui voluptatem. Nemo ipsum earum veniam vitae illo itaque atque eum. Error et aut voluptate sunt. Similique commodi et quia eum rerum ad omnis. Et quis quo iure veniam reiciendis velit adipisci. Beatae nisi voluptatem sit maxime ab.

Sapiente a beatae unde aut. Et dolore ea velit qui tempore libero sunt quod. Modi qui pariatur autem minus autem tempore. Enim vitae illo nostrum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

July 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Lazard Freres 06 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • JPMorgan Chase 06 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (23) $378
  • Associates (95) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • Intern/Summer Associate (34) $167
  • 1st Year Analyst (213) $160
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (155) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”