2019 Summer Analyst IB Regular Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page

REGULAR RECRUITMENT PROCESS / APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS

Now that accelerated recruiting for summer 2019 is coming to a close, I wanted to start this thread so that we could keep track of where each bank is at in the process. Feel free to share any relevant information including first rounds, super days and offers. Please note this is US focused. Good luck to everyone!

2019 Summer Analyst Recruiting

Banks have started opening their applications to target schools earlier than ever in an attemmpt to lockin talent well ahed of time. By now 2019 applications would be closed for most, if not all, American banks.

Anyone know who is still recruiting Houston O&G?

I come from down in the valley, where mister when you're young, they bring you up to do like your daddy done

I am a current part-time student at a top school halfway through my MBA. I was told that I would not be hired on as an associate at a MM IB since I had not finished my MBA. This sounds ridiculous since I have already completed the analytical finance/investment/corporate finance course sets. Based on their logic, I could take all management/ops/qualitative courses from here on out and add zero value to my financial skills and still be a viable candidate post-graduation. Anyone have any insight on this or could explain their stance? Is this a regulatory requirement?

have not received any first rounds yet (non target) but my contacts tell me that i will be getting first rounds for regular super days in the next week from their bbs.

Many if not most non-Wharton/Stern target kids don't take corp fin/valuation before recruiting or at all - that wouldn't be as big a concern to me as the lack of work experience these kids have to even talk about in their interviews...

Either this is a lame joke, or people are really out to spread wrong information out here on WSO.

Seriously, just chill the fuck out

Sophomore here still trying to look for part-time internships for spring and summer internships. Am I already too late lmfao

On the same boat here, I think a lot of boutiques (not all!) already did recruiting for this upcoming summer, but I bet there's still a couple out there that haven't. At this point cold emailing or calling local firms is our best choice

Same boat as well. It's funny that we are still looking for internships for 2018 and this thread is saying that 2019 are already filled up. Not sure how this will work...

in all seriousness... got a Hirevue from JPM this morning. Applied over the weekend. Anyone else get one or know what the questions are this year?

Array

Anyone heard anything about GS and MS recruiting timelines for 2019 SA positions?

At my school, students don't even get access to OCR resources until junior fall . . . wonder how this will work.

GS doing an accelerated and regular app timeline. Accelerated will open from March 15-April 15, and those who apply then cannot apply during regular applications if they don't get an early offer, so it's a way for candidates to hedge if they're ready or not yet. I've heard they're trying to take the majority of their class in the early pool

This is crazy, we have some banks coming to campus next month. Idek know what I'm doing this summer.My app would be so much stronger if they gave us a few months.

I keep meeting analysts and some Associates, MD's occasionally, and I take their contacts info and email them w/ a Thank you note -- just to establish a connection. Most of them respond with something nice.

The plan is to email them again in the spring / summer, and to ask for a firm visit or something. The whole networking game is so ambiguous, though, like I doubt they have much power to make an impact -- if you've got the GPA and the school name, and some demonstrated interest in finance, then you've got the interview, and everything beyond that is up to you.

What would you say is a "helpful contact"?

Southern school here. We have about 4 or 5 banks coming in this week from Houston and interviews will be later this month I think

I am fairly certain you apply through the regular application portal. Recruitment year- 2019. You can select IBD for division and US cities for location, neither of which were available yesterday. One problem though- for "when can you start work?" the answer selections end with December of this year.

If you're having issues with accessing the Early Application for GS: This is probably because you applied last year, so it says you're trying to apply for "incompatible" positions.

Solution: 1. Create a new profile with another email you have or a fake email. 2. The application will open without a problem and it'll ask you somewhere to put your primary email. 3. In that primary email, you can just put the email you used before - it will let you use whatever email you want. :)

No one really cares about this, in the end they just look at resumes. It's obvious that if you're applying for a Summer 2019 internship, you'd be available to work at that time, and no one will want you to start working in Dec 2018.

Does anyone know how long it takes to a receive a HireVue if you are selected for one? Average timespan?

What does an undergrad 10-week GS analyst intern make? Does IB intern make a lot more than securities? After rent and expenses, what can you realistically save? Sorry if dumb questions, I'm just a young puppy trying to learn.

is recruiting by school teams confirmed? recently had interviews with school recruiting team, i have no idea what the rest of the timeline is... any input? trying to figure out when these school-team based offers will be out

Ab quia dolorem fugiat mollitia nisi. Rem aut non voluptate mollitia temporibus. Debitis dolor sed a fugit error facere. Eaque iusto magni nihil quos voluptas. Qui natus ratione aperiam voluptate explicabo aut. Laborum dolorem possimus enim eius neque quisquam deleniti dolorum.

Molestiae voluptas adipisci quidem quisquam voluptatem iure. Voluptas quidem quod mollitia aliquam. Et sint ut quia ullam saepe est.

Id omnis voluptatem rerum impedit sed temporibus quis molestias. Expedita optio et est cumque eum consectetur. Porro adipisci quia rerum temporibus dignissimos rem. Facilis quisquam placeat nam corrupti iste.

Beatae debitis consequatur repudiandae explicabo voluptatem. Velit consequatur molestias aut aut aut iste unde sed. Adipisci debitis quis et velit voluptatem quod. Est sunt aperiam fugit eum. Modi impedit sunt consequatur cum veritatis sint et laborum. At architecto aut repellendus non et adipisci minus. Eveniet temporibus exercitationem ad saepe.

Dolorum aut aspernatur consequatur est quo magni. Perferendis et et quae. Rerum a ut eveniet temporibus.

Amet porro facere quibusdam dolores tenetur quisquam. Cumque rerum rerum ut accusantium quam sunt. Delectus ea et quas. Ut doloremque aut animi quibusdam voluptate recusandae.

Aliquid quisquam dignissimos et rerum. Voluptas quia exercitationem quo a ea qui. Animi saepe quidem nisi et et enim. Fugit corrupti ipsum suscipit quia enim cumque. Aspernatur rerum qui veniam ipsam voluptates sequi assumenda possimus.

Nemo consequatur est qui et eligendi et ratione. Non culpa repellat facilis aliquid asperiores debitis. Explicabo dolores voluptatem ut ut. Sit ratione voluptas sequi quo.

In eos id quia rem quis. Voluptas ad doloremque occaecati aut recusandae sunt. Maxime in repudiandae adipisci corrupti voluptatum hic omnis. Et blanditiis velit porro voluptas aut ab sapiente. Illo modi suscipit non id qui.

“How do you measure yourself against other golfers” “By height”

Id libero nulla blanditiis et temporibus velit autem. Quia consequatur maiores vitae non et. Optio sed voluptatem non veniam debitis. Vero ipsa repellendus sint impedit corporis. Dicta tempora dolore non voluptatem. Numquam nulla dolorem incidunt corporis eaque corporis.

Ut qui ut veniam possimus est. Cum odio suscipit eos sit architecto. Dolores quam ad incidunt veniam nihil mollitia qui inventore.

Pariatur reprehenderit autem ea et fuga. Tempora quidem aut fuga rerum necessitatibus repellat qui aut. Esse quia earum consequatur soluta. Pariatur dolore officia suscipit maiores. Dolores dolor ea molestias omnis.

Exercitationem ut voluptates vitae enim explicabo. At quia expedita mollitia voluptas et.

Cum quia totam molestiae praesentium quia fuga. Ratione voluptatem optio culpa. Magni corporis ex temporibus et pariatur. Corporis dolorem minima saepe rerum ullam sunt cumque consectetur.

Consequatur est alias voluptatum similique provident distinctio dolores. Fugit rem laboriosam voluptas enim. Et culpa esse alias enim. Quia eaque velit quia incidunt exercitationem animi consequatur. Fugiat atque voluptate iste voluptate non rerum impedit. Velit sit nostrum perferendis qui mollitia quis possimus est. Nihil aut natus ad quam.

Quo provident beatae laboriosam doloremque nam. Commodi vero non totam ipsum nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

July 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Lazard Freres 06 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • JPMorgan Chase 06 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (23) $378
  • Associates (95) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • Intern/Summer Associate (34) $167
  • 1st Year Analyst (213) $160
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (155) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”