Portfolio analytics and marketing materials at $500 billion AUM

Just wondered if anyone could elaborate on this opportunity. Job title is portfolio analytics and marketing. It says its working in both the client reporting team and marketing team for an asset management firm with approx $500 billion AUM. Be exposed to all asset classes, issue factsheets and work with a range of teams to understand product offerings and investment capabilities.

In client reporting I would be automating portfolio analytics for client reports.

Its an entry level role and I have just graduated from uni in the UK so just wanted to know if this is a good starting point.

Based on the most helpful WSO content, here's what you need to know about the opportunity in portfolio analytics and marketing at an asset management firm with approximately $500 billion AUM:

Key Aspects of the Role:

1. Exposure to All Asset Classes:

• Working with various asset classes can provide a broad understanding of different investment strategies and products.
    • This exposure is valuable for building a well-rounded knowledge base in asset management.
  2. Client Reporting:

• Automating portfolio analytics for client reports is a crucial skill. It involves data analysis, report generation, and ensuring accuracy in client communications.
    • This experience can be beneficial for roles that require strong analytical and technical skills.
  3. Marketing Team Involvement:

• Working with the marketing team to issue factsheets and understand product offerings and investment capabilities.
    • This aspect of the role can help develop skills in communication, marketing, and understanding client needs.

Benefits of the Role:

• Entry-Level Position:

• As an entry-level role, it provides a solid foundation in both analytics and marketing within the asset management industry.
    • It's a good starting point for recent graduates to gain practical experience and build a professional network.
  • Skill Development:

• The role offers a mix of technical (analytics, automation) and soft skills (marketing, client communication).
    • These skills are transferable and can open doors to various career paths within asset management and beyond.
  • Industry Exposure:

• Working in a firm with $500 billion AUM means exposure to large-scale operations and potentially high-profile clients.
    • This can be impressive on a resume and provide insights into the workings of a major asset management firm.

Considerations:

• Career Path:

• Understand the potential career progression within the firm. Entry-level roles can lead to more specialized positions in analytics, client relations, or marketing.
    • Networking within the firm and performing well can lead to internal opportunities.
  • Learning Opportunities:

• Take advantage of any training or mentorship programs offered by the firm.
    • Continuously seek to learn and understand the various asset classes and investment strategies.

Conclusion:

This opportunity seems like a strong starting point for a recent graduate. It offers a blend of analytical and marketing experience, exposure to a wide range of asset classes, and the chance to work in a large, reputable asset management firm. These factors can provide a solid foundation for a career in asset management or related fields.

Sources: Q&A: From Big4 Audit -> Big4 Advisory -> MBA -> AM Portfolio Manager, Why Work in Asset Management?, State Street - Portfolio & Risk Analytics (Investment Analytics), Is It A Good Opportunity? Your Opinions Thanks., JPM Private Bankers??, https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/asset-management/could-use-some-insight-on-careers-in-asset-management?customgpt=1

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Thanks. Not Aberdeen. I guess I am not overly obsessed with being a "front office" guy but these forums create the idea that its front office or nothing hahaha. I am more than satisfied working in interesting work and earning good money so if this role can lead to that I am more than happy. I will look to do CFA in near future and network if I want to try and break in to more of an investment position.

Illum quia recusandae odio repellendus. Provident expedita voluptatem quasi est quos. Non praesentium omnis harum. Vero vel non ducimus qui ut.

Omnis sunt ut sed porro iusto quidem. Ipsum soluta voluptatibus voluptatem neque et distinctio. Reiciendis placeat est unde sit minus placeat. Minus ipsa id ipsum vel mollitia molestiae impedit.

Quos et et optio est odio. Voluptatem aliquid voluptas qui molestias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Lazard Freres 06 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.7%
  • Credit Suisse 04 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (23) $378
  • Associates (95) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • Intern/Summer Associate (34) $167
  • 1st Year Analyst (213) $160
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (154) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”