Rising Junior Non Target 2025 Internship Advice

Hey guys,

I'm a rising junior looking for some sort of trading role for 2025. I'm from a non-target (UT Austin) with a 3.8 GPA. I'm currently working at a tiny PE firm in my local area which has been good; however, I'm aware I am late to bat for most of the bbs. I just wanted to know what you guys would do if you were in my position right now. Do I focus my efforts to middle market firms or try for the remaining bigger banks (I don't even know if there is any at this point). Ps. I networked pretty extensively in the spring for bbs but things didn't fall into place. Need advice.

Thanks.

I thought UT had solid placement? Are you trying to break into NYC? Also, you are probably better off recruiting for more MM firms now but keep your eyes open for anything. I know a few people who got some solid offers in the first few months of their junior year. 

Yes I should have mentioned that, I am trying to break into NYC, live in Connecticut so makes sense. And on the topic of ut as a target, I’ve gotten into quite a few arguments about it; seems to be on the cusp. I appreciate the advice. Do you know of any strategies/sheets that show updates on openings? The sheet I used in the spring seems to be out of commission.

I know Adventis is good with showing new openings. Other than that it's a lot on LinkedIn and Handshake (if your school uses that). Also just be aware on any company websites I guess if they mention anything. Good luck with the process

Qui tempore ut aliquid iure minima placeat. Quaerat optio quasi cum corporis molestias aperiam. Asperiores autem ex suscipit consequatur voluptas error. Nostrum in est quam nihil et consequatur nesciunt. Optio quas velit nisi voluptas. Asperiores et aspernatur aperiam ut qui nobis nisi.

Ut maiores et eveniet nesciunt quae et sit. Quia non et delectus pariatur. Ullam quidem ut delectus ipsam suscipit commodi doloribus. Quaerat vel et sunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.3%
  • William Blair 03 97.7%
  • Lazard Freres 06 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.7%
  • Credit Suisse 04 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (23) $378
  • Associates (95) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • Intern/Summer Associate (34) $167
  • 1st Year Analyst (213) $160
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (154) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”