SMBC Video Interview/Superday 2025

Hi guys, has anybody heard back from SMBC for a superday yet? I completed a HireVue a little over a week ago, but haven't heard anything yet. However, I did recieve an email thanking me for applying for my role with an invitation for a meet & greet next week. 

Based on the highest ranked content on WSO, there's a mention of SMBC and the process surrounding superdays and interviews, but it doesn't specifically cover the 2025 timeline or details about the HireVue process followed by a meet & greet invitation. However, drawing from similar threads and discussions, it's not uncommon for there to be a period of waiting after completing initial interviews or HireVue assessments before hearing back about a superday invitation. The email you received thanking you for applying and inviting you to a meet & greet is a positive sign. It indicates continued interest in your application and provides an excellent opportunity for you to network, make a good impression, and learn more about the firm and its culture.

In similar situations discussed on WSO, candidates have found it beneficial to:

1. Prepare for the Meet & Greet: Research the firm, prepare thoughtful questions, and be ready to talk about your experiences and interest in SMBC. This is your chance to stand out.

2. Follow Up: After the meet & greet, sending a thank-you email to the organizers and any individuals you spoke with can help keep you top of mind.

3. Patience is Key: The recruitment process can vary in length, and sometimes it takes a bit longer to hear back about superday invitations, especially after networking events like meet & greets.

Remember, each firm's recruitment timeline can vary, and the process can be dynamic. Keep engaging positively and use each interaction as an opportunity to reinforce your interest and fit for the role you've applied for.

Sources: Evercore ECM Superday FT, Super Day MD Called me after to ask if i was still in., Has anyone heard back from BNP Paribas? Superday on 10/6, Has anyone heard back from RBC NYC Superday, BlackRock FMA Super Day?

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I applied a couple weeks ago, received a hirevue invitation within a couple hours of submitting the application, and then completed it a couple days later. I applied for corporate & IB coverage 

Meet and greets were just info sessions for respective groups. Like 80 kids on a teams call and analysts trying to convince them that their group is the best.

Iusto dolores nesciunt tenetur. Voluptatem fugit et voluptate illo a. Tempora ratione maiores consectetur. Et minus distinctio et quasi magni odit quam. Ipsum aspernatur placeat iure non nobis autem qui necessitatibus. Ratione esse dicta fuga vel. Dolores magnam non facilis saepe facilis est vitae.

Aut voluptatum omnis molestiae. Placeat atque velit magnam.

Molestiae consequatur inventore assumenda doloremque et. Culpa tempore quis eligendi vel sit. At eaque illum perferendis ut nemo explicabo. Blanditiis porro inventore et nam rerum. Explicabo qui porro cupiditate voluptas minima sed rerum.

Odit beatae pariatur illum repellendus nobis voluptas nemo est. Voluptatem est reprehenderit nihil est. Est alias accusamus tenetur eum. Ea laudantium tenetur consequatur ex ratione.

Et quia a deleniti unde esse. Voluptas rem sunt repudiandae est consequatur. Sint libero consectetur aperiam sit dolorem sint similique. Consequatur labore inventore quis placeat nulla vel quia veritatis. Impedit cupiditate tempore exercitationem est unde eos ab.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”