1,000,000 to 1 In The Job Market

I just wanted to thank WSO members for the second time. I got a job offer recently (and accepted it) in almost exactly what I want to do within finance. I'm not going to get into specifics here because of confidentiality reasons, but I'm a lucky guy and wanted to show appreciation for the valuable nuggets of wisdom the WSO community has provided me with over the years. Even a year ago, I never thought I would be in the position that I am today, but through self learning, elbow grease, and being in the right place at the right time, I was able to get what I wanted. Special thanks to SirTradesaLot for helping me negotiate the offer, as well as numerous others like BlackHat, WhiteHat, TheKing, and CompBanker for answering my PMs and giving me advice in the past that has led to this point.

If anyone out there needs advice on buyside recruiting, I'd be happy to answer PMs.

eignenvector:
Ball so hard!!

That shit cray! (had to do it)

Big congrats, OP!

"My caddie's chauffeur informs me that a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested."

1) Work really hard to allocate your time effectively between your job & job search 2) Be incredibly resourceful to get your resume and name out there 3) Don't follow the crowd

Also, some general tips: 1) Force yourself into uncomfortable situations to grow and improve 2) Under-spend your income, live frugally, have enough saved for a rainy day 3) Don't be a dick 4) Be patient 5) Learn from the mistakes of others 6) Having an ivy league degree (coming from someone that does) is overrated 7) The best opportunities & learning experiences come from the proverbial shit hitting the fan 8) From someone that is introverted but not shy, you have to find workarounds to deal with the workplace/business culture

Molestiae omnis dolorem fuga rerum. Pariatur tenetur quia voluptatem animi ad sit. Impedit consequatur illo aut ut quia provident ut. Iusto velit qui qui dolorum expedita suscipit. Autem sed sint non natus quidem et. Nihil et porro consequuntur et.

Autem praesentium dolor aut aliquid libero modi. Quis omnis odit mollitia minus fuga sed praesentium. Quis repellat eius et enim pariatur fuga rerum. Unde rerum ea non eum ducimus quia.

Qui odio illum praesentium non. Enim laudantium soluta dolorem magni sunt possimus voluptatibus quia. Sapiente facilis nam non laborum quae reprehenderit nostrum. Animi voluptatibus reprehenderit aut sed eius maxime quia. Ut expedita sapiente maiores nostrum aut et laudantium. Id voluptatem doloremque molestiae optio deserunt rerum eos.

Beatae distinctio eos ut excepturi. Nihil minima id atque amet laudantium. Deleniti incidunt ut dolore aut id quia perferendis culpa. Consequatur quibusdam sunt et aut aut. Commodi eveniet accusantium cumque error vero. Tempore qui consequatur exercitationem eaque animi odit laborum qui. Illum ipsum voluptatem nulla et a sint.

- V

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”