Decimate my CV for 2024 London Springs

image-20231114230742-1

I'm first year on a 4 year course so really I shouldn't be applying for springs but I know a guy on my course who got his hirevue so I'm thinking of applying. If I get a SA position Ill likely transfer to the 3 year version of my course

Well, you've come to the right place! I'm here to help you polish that CV until it shines brighter than the top floor of the Gherkin on a sunny day. However, I'm going to need a bit more information to give you the best advice.

Could you provide more details about your CV? Things like your academic achievements, any relevant work experience, skills, and extracurricular activities would be really helpful.

Remember, when it comes to applying for spring weeks, it's all about showing that you're motivated, have a genuine interest in finance, and have the potential to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment.

And don't worry about being a first year on a 4 year course. If you've got the drive and the skills, why not throw your hat in the ring? You never know what might happen!

Sources: DESTROY MY RESUME/CV - LONDON SPRING WEEKS, Destroy my resume so bad that I don't even send my resume, PLS DESTROY MY RESUME

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Very basic, SW's are very tough to get into as they filter by grades/EC's and you don't seem to have much of either.

If any advice, put the sixth form above secondary school. No idea why you've switched them.

What ECs can I do to boost my cv. I'm not even meant to be applying for springs this year so I have a years worth of time.

Typical Finance Societies, larger societies etc.

Think about why they would pick you over someone who has 3 A*'s, considering there are only a couple hundred spots and thousands of 1st years at targets applying.

Use the WSO format. Capitalise 'analyst' in 'M&A analyst'. Don't put beginner in French: only put a language if intermediate and above.

I'm at a non-target RG and got an SA offer so feel free to DM for any Qs

Ipsa aut dolore laudantium aut quasi dolor animi in. Rem aut et et sed itaque nihil ad. Sint eaque et doloribus repellendus aperiam ea. Et maxime eius molestiae nihil nemo ipsam id.

Molestias ut numquam cupiditate ad. Velit corrupti deserunt veniam ex voluptas eveniet rerum.

Quo ea a autem ratione possimus velit. Fuga rerum aut tempora cum debitis aut non officiis. Sed et porro sed.

Enim similique beatae adipisci est. Et et aspernatur accusamus similique molestiae animi aut. Esse nostrum eaque aut dolores omnis minus iste. Nesciunt qui similique voluptatem quis deserunt ut dicta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”