Street is c.65k so your in line with market - have HSBC recently raised A1?

Same. Maybe included the signing bonus?

Or they pay lateral A1s 66k to make up for the fact they didn't get the signing bonus?

Arkensden report is out and has exact 2022 figures for BBs so just Google it.

not IB but MM HFs training programs are around 100k base

Yep and a higher salary won't matter much if bonuses are miserable (as they were at many banks this year)

Think it all balances out to be fair. Free healthcare, better travelling destinations in and around Europe. Rent to income and what you can get is also all relative tbh. 

I'm sure the 80h work week is justified by having Croatia as a feasible holiday destination. 

Also the healthcare sucks.

For the 10 millionth time stop coping, it is clearly a way worse deal than NYC

Was going to say London pay was bad and make jokes but after looking at what you can rent for what I am currently paying in a shitty studio in Midtown Manhattan, I want to move to London desperately now. These apartments will set you back USD5000 to USD10K at least in my neighborhood and they'll not come furnished plus you get a mob of murderous homeless people around causing trouble with the occasional slashing or shooting. Currently paying 2800pm for a beyond shitty walk up apartment with roaches and a crime problem.

Why are we living like this in NYC??

both in "bad" locations tho... You won't find the same for the same price in other areas

I've lived in London in my youth those are quite comparable to Midtown Manhattan, which is a "good area" in NYC. One of them is literally in Canary Wharf which is like Hudson Yards over here. I'm guessing you're one of those people that only think good areas are South Kensington, Belgravia and any other place with a lot of royalty living there, which there is nothing wrong with just different tastes and I prefer a younger more urban crowd.

Canary Wharf is similar to Hudson Yards here and an average person would gasp if you told them you lived there so calling it a bad neighborhood isn't true at least to me. 

You can't even find apartments like that in the bronx (an actual bad neighborhood) for that price and you're basically guaranteed to witness at least one shooting living there and if you do find one you'll probably have to pay USD10K+ to move in. I had to pay 7500 to move into my apartment that is around the same price. 

Ratione accusantium vero tenetur soluta id qui expedita dolorem. In quasi eligendi blanditiis eaque eaque. In modi quasi quia cumque dolor. Distinctio non ipsa labore cupiditate ea illum. Aut iusto ex earum nobis dolor aliquam soluta. Totam debitis nam non numquam eligendi aliquam.

Ut quisquam nihil illum similique ut natus est. Quibusdam magni sequi soluta explicabo dolor sed fugiat. Rerum eveniet sit eos officia. Impedit at voluptatum soluta.

London Sponsors M&A - EB

Ipsa dolorem earum sit ducimus facere illo hic at. Omnis inventore adipisci perspiciatis ipsam. In saepe quia asperiores. Saepe omnis qui rerum minus molestiae.

Ut consequatur aperiam ut quasi rem laudantium itaque. Veniam pariatur fuga quia ea hic.

Facere officiis esse iste. Perferendis sunt alias sequi iusto esse. Ut repellat porro sint rem.

Odio non a pariatur ab aspernatur. Quaerat voluptatem ipsa veniam odio officiis nesciunt dicta similique. Veritatis quia dolores enim sunt eaque hic.

Adipisci voluptatum quisquam et architecto nulla nihil tenetur. Et velit reprehenderit dignissimos autem ut et.

Modi facilis qui error eligendi vel consequatur tempore. Debitis cum ullam sed consequatur molestias fugit repudiandae. Qui atque rem qui repellat. Et nihil quos iure incidunt necessitatibus eos. Cupiditate aliquam unde fugit quod. Ab maiores eius dolore dolore nisi. Molestiae nobis expedita vero quibusdam voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 19 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (22) $375
  • Associates (93) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (149) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”