It's still early for SA 2024 as most banks haven't even opened yet and the few ones that are open only opened 1-2 weeks ago. I also think that this year's recruiting will be quite slow given the current market environment. You should also prepare for this to be a very difficult year to recruit in. There are a lot of people who would normally recruit for FT that will now recruit for SA instead and given how bad return rates were this year, it is likely that some banks will reduce SA headcount too. 

Yeah absolutely. I'm just concerned as to why I am hardly getting any tests/HVs/first rounds. Like yeah, the market sucks but even then it just seems like my CV is hardly getting past screening which I thought was odd.

Your CV is strong, so I don't think that's a reason. More likely a combination of very few places open, lower headcount and slow processes. Also keep in mind that IB recruiting isn't 100% meritocratic. A lot comes down to luck. Last year, I applied to 20+ banks. Ended up with interviews for GS, MS and JPM and offers from 2 of them. Didn't even get an interview at any of the other 20 banks. 

Bro what? The only places which have begun interview processes yet are buy side shops which barely take any anyway.

Its bs, they sent hirevues out in the first 5 hours, I applied in the evening and my app never got read. 1 whole year of prep down the drain.

cycle has just started and I already want to drink bleach

Aut ex enim tempore alias qui debitis. Doloremque neque ex porro aliquid hic eum vero.

Et doloribus tenetur officia ut qui iste. Consequatur et tempore non. Eos sunt minima dolor temporibus itaque. Quae omnis itaque provident dolorem distinctio. Eveniet doloremque nihil dicta sapiente.

Dolores vitae qui nisi cum sit et. Et quia nulla saepe qui. Nostrum et at ipsum voluptas tenetur ratione temporibus nostrum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”